Tomatillo & Chicken Tostadas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for brushing on the tortilla
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 4 scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken (look for it near the deli counter), skin removed and meat shredded
- 1 cup good quality, store-bought tomatillo salsa
- Salt and pepper
- 8 Del Angel uncooked flour tortillas
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (a handful) cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of EVOO. Add zucchini and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions, shredded chicken and tomatillo salsa, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the filling is cooking, prepare uncooked tortillas per directions on stovetop then place the tortillas on 2 cookie sheets in an even layer, making sure not to overlap. Lightly brush them with some EVOO and bake until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove tortillas from the oven and top each one with an even amount of filling followed by a handful of the cheeses.
- Return the tostados to the oven to melt the cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve. Yum-O!
Submit a Recipe